This is your SFERS! We are here to assist you. Our office is open BY APPOINTMENT ONLY for limited services. please contact us using any of the following methods:
Contact us by email: [email protected]
E-mail is the best way to reach us to:
- Ask general questions about your pension benefits
- Request forms and instructions, such as updating your beneficiary, terminating employment with the City, or changing tax withholding from your pension
- Schedule a retirement counseling session, if there are no slots available through the appointment scheduler in your secure member portal at mysfers.org
- Make an appointment to have your signature witnessed on an SFERS form that requires a notary or to use a computer to access your secure member portal
Please allow up to 3 business days for a reply.
Call our main telephone number for recorded information and to leave a message. Please allow 3 to 5 business days for a reply.
- (415) 487-7000
- 1 (888) 849-0777 (toll-free)
- (415) 487-7044
Replace a Lost Check or Initiate/Change Direct Deposit
- (415) 487-7039
- (415) 487-7500
Forms and Documents
To return completed forms and documents to SFERS
- Mail to: 1145 Market Street, 5th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103, or
- Deliver to: secure drop box in the elevator lobby of the 6th floor of 1145 Market Street. The drop box is accessible Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
San Francisco Deferred Compensation Plan
For questions about your deferred compensation account or to enroll in the plan, visit sfdcp.org or call (415) 487-7500.
The San Francisco Retirement System is located on Market Street between 7th & 8th Streets, across from United Nations Plaza.
Wheelchair-accessible parking is located in the vicinity of 1145 Market Street at Civic Center Plaza. Accessible MUNI lines are available at the intersections of Market Street and Civic Center/UN Plaza and Market and 8th Streets. The closest BART station is Civic Center Station.