Replace a Check

Lost or Stolen Checks

If you do not receive your monthly benefit check in the mail by the tenth day of the month following the issue date (e.g. August 10th if it is your July 31st check), you can contact the Retirement System by phone at 415-487-7000, or in writing at: SFERS, 1145 Market Street, 5th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103 and request a Lost Warrant Affidavit form to report the check lost or stolen to the Retirement System.


Revalidate a Stale Check

If you have not deposited a monthly benefit check for more than 60 days from the date of the check, the bank may not accept it for deposit. In order to revalidate the check, you must visit our office in person so that a SFERS staff can stamp the check as valid (picture ID is required). If you are unable to visit our office in person, you can contact the Retirement System for instructions.

  • Social Security Administration
  • Health Service System
  • Seal of the City and County of San Francisco
  • CALpers